Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Chelsea 3-2 Fulham (!)
I'm hoping Man U lose their match but it's looking very very unlikely since they're playing West Brom and leading 3-0. And I was hoping Owen would score for Newcastle in their meeting with Liverpool but Liverpool's leading 2-0 so boohoo. You see, in this game of football, not only do you have to make sure you win, you hope that others drop points. That keeps your lead.
But I'm more annoyed with the Chelsea match score. Quite sad that. But then again 3 points is 3 points. And since Mourinho is happy with the result and the spirit of his team, I'm fine with it.
Feeling rather annoyed as well at comments made by supporters of other EPL clubs on certain message boards. Rather immatured in their thinking and criticism of Chelsea. Or of any other club than their own. There's a very fine line between just mere commentation and sheer criticism. While I admit that not all they say is rubbish, shall we say that certain fervent supporters cannot bear to admit that clubs and players and managers other than their own are great? I can. I definitely think Fergie is a fantastic manager. Look at his trophies. I will not hesitate to say that RVN and Rooney have been great this season because they have been. And the reality is that I'm commenting on Man U players! Thierry Henry has been great too. So if I can do that, why can't other people just sit back and appreciate good football and great teams-even if the team ISN'T their team?
And I just checked my UCAS track and I've been given a conditional offer to Manchester. Birmingham and Brunel have sent their letters but I doubt I'll be going there. Manchester... is asking for AAB which is not a grade I expected them to give, ABB would have been nicer. So would LSE ask for AAA? Hope not.